A-Z Fundraising Events!
- Art do you know a painter, photographer or a potter? Get donations and hold an exhibition/sale
- Auction of promises' or a slave auction (get someone to offer to be a slave for the day or your manager to make coffee for the department for the week.
Colleagues can bid for their services)
- Baby competition ask colleagues or friends to bring in baby photos of themselves. People pay to guess who's who great fun and prizes for the winners
- Bring and Buy - at work, in your garden or in the local sports club or community centre
- Bag pack get a group together to bag pack at your local shopping centre. Don't forget a Garda permit and permission from the shopping centre
- Car Boot Sale – organise a Car Boot Sale in your work car park or the local church or sportsground car park.
Charge each car an admission fee and then charge the public an entry fee
- Churchgate Collection don't forget to get permission from the priest and organise a Garda permit.
- Company contacts ask your suppliers for sponsorship, gift donations (get permission)
- Coffee morning, cake sale ask a local cookery class or school to help
- Dress down for the day. Pay for the privilege
- Diet you, friends and colleagues - €1 per pound
- Drink get sponsored to give up alcohol
- DJ do you, your children or friends know one? Ask them to do the music for your event
- Dye your hair blue in support of men with cancer and get family, friends or colleagues to sponsor you
- Email invites and reminders to friends, their friends' friends
- Ever ready keep your eyes open to opportunities and keep your sponsorship form handy (if appropriate)
- Fashion show
- Fancy dress party or day
- Fetes and fairs have a stall
- Fine box for colleagues' swearing or lateness
- Football kit day at work. Pay to wear one.
- Golf Day - tournament
- Guess the number e.g. balloons in a car, sweets in a jar etc.
- Games: monopoly, chess tournament, team trivial pursuit, scrabble pay to enter, donated prizes.
- Hobbies what hobbies can help you raise money sport, walking, cycling, art and craft, aromatherapy, massage etc.
- Horse racing & dogs sweepstake at work.
- Ink write to everyone you possibly can and ask for a donation
- International think about the country you're raising money for (if appropriate). Tie it in to your party, dinner or stall.
- Karaoke evening (pay not to sing perhaps)
- Keepy Uppy Challenge organise a Keepy Uppy Challenge in work or in your local sports club. Ask everyone to donate a few euro to take part and the winner gets a prize while the collected funds are donated to our causes
- Kick-off 5-a-side tournament at work, between the local pubs or clubs
- Line dancing evening
- Library get your friends, family, colleagues to get a book from the library instead of buying it and to give you the money they've saved
- Lunch-less set a date for all your colleagues to bring in a packed lunch and then to give you the money they would have spent.
- Matched donation from your company
- Murder mystery party
- Meal ask a restaurant for reduced prices if you bring a large party on a weekday evening. Charge cover price plus extra. Raffle and games too.
- Neighbours. Offer to wash their windows, mow the lawn or throw a street party (if its big and in the street, get council authorisation). Charge admission.
- Organise events within events why not hold a raffle at your party or an auction at your sports tournament?
- Opera try to get a group discount on opera or theatre tickets and then charge everyone a bit extra for the outing.
- Party 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s beach, Easter, out of season Christmas, or no theme just for fun!
- Police cell ask if you can use a cell for the night. Get your work colleagues to sponsor you or your boss/director to spend the night there
- Pub crawl (fancy dress or three legged)
- Public humiliations get the director of the company in stocks and then throw tomatoes at them the more senior the better!
- Quiz night organise one, ask your local pubs to give you a percentage of the takings
- Quiet time get a local youth group to do a sponsored silence
- Raffle get local businesses to donate prizes
- Races Three-legged, egg and spoon, relay
- Relatives Make the most of talented relatives who may be able to donate services, artwork etc. Get all of your family to ask all of their friends to sponsor you/come along to your events too.
- Services ask a hairdresser, beautician, masseur, tarot reader friend to come to your event and donate their proceeds or a day's tips
- Sponsored activities you and friends can walk, swim, dance, fast, bungee jump etc.
- Shave off your beard or your hair or someone else's (and get people to sponsor you)
- Street party
- Smoking sponsored abstinence, or/and donate the money you save
- Treasure Hunt
- Twenty-four-hour marathon: darts, stay awake or dancing. Sponsored or have a team competition
- Tail pin the tail on the donkey. Pay to play, donated prizes
- Tin collection tin or bucket to take to events:(make sure you get permission); contact us for details
- Use your network of colleagues and friends to come up with ideas and help with activities
- Unwanted and unused gifts ask friends and family, colleagues: use for prizes or car boot sale
- Valet service: offer to clean cars inside and out for all your family, friends and colleagues
- Website ask work if you can have a bit of space
- Wine and cheese party homemade wine, prizes and cheese donated. Guess the wine's country game. Charge admission and for entering games
- Waltz big band night (use old-time records if can't find a band) dinner-dance, admission fee
- Waxathon hold a waxathon in your local sports club, pub or at work. Get some friends to agree to be waxed but only if people sponsor them
- X-ercise - get your local gym to organise a work-out-a-thon
- X-factor competition
- Young and old organise a big family reunion for all ages. Ask for donations, they're bound to vie with each other over who gives you the most!
- Zest and zeal essential if you are going to make the best of your fundraising. Your challenge is demanding and exciting and your fundraising will make a real difference to people's lives. You should feel proud that you're doing it.